Child health visiting hours
Kidz First Hospital
- Family/whaanau and friends: Visiting hours are 2pm to 8pm except for parents/caregivers.
- Security will not let visitors on to the wards until 2.00pm. You may meet visitors in the hospital entrance area.
PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW VISITORS WHO HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH CONTAGIOUS DISEASES TO VISIT - measles, mumps, chicken pox, tummy upsets, coughs or colds, diarrhoea.
VISITING CHILDREN/YOUNG PEOPLE IN ISOLATION – NO children to visit patients in the isolation areas due to infection.
Parents are welcome at all times, however because of the risk of infection to our neonatal babies, visitors to the Neonatal Unit are restricted.
- Visiting is limited to 2pm - 8pm.
- No more than two people at the cot side will be permitted at any given time.
- Visitors must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver.
- Siblings over 17 years of age may visit with a parent.
- Parents and visitors may be asked to leave the room during ward rounds to give privacy to other babies.
- Parents and visitors must wash their hands and use special hand gel before going into the baby’s room.
- Please speak to the person in charge if you wish to make alternative arrangements to the above guidelines.
- Cell phones MUST be switched off when coming into the Unit.