Surgery - surgical mesh
Requested by: Individual | Response provided: 2018-12-04
I write in response to your Official Information Act request, received by Counties Manukau DHB on 02 November 2018 via a partial transfer from the Ministry of Health (MoH) under Section 14 of the Act. The Ministry of Health advised you that they did not hold information on some of your requests, being the following questions (3, 5, 6, 7 and 8 of the list submitted to Ministry of Health):
• 3. Please provide, in total the number of surgeons who were undertaking surgical meshprocedures in NZ for stress urinary procedures using surgical mesh, prior to the 8th October 2018, and before the letter sent out by Dr Bloomfield to all DHB’s.
• 5. Please provide the total amount of surgeons whom will be able to continue to undertakeremoval/ revision surgical mesh procedures in NZ after the 8th October 2018.
• 6. Please provide the total amount of surgeons whom were undertaking removal/ revision ofsurgical mesh in NZ prior to 8th October 2018.
• 7. Please provide a total list of surgeons, by name, who will be able to implant surgical mesh forstress urinary incontinence procedures after the 8th October 2018.
• 8. Please provide a list of surgeons, by name, who will be able to remove surgical mesh for stress urinary incontinence procedures. (Major removal 2nd or subsequent adjustment as set out in credentialing expectations).
Our Response is attached