Women's Health - Maternity Birthing Capacity & Com
Requested by: NZ Herald | Response provided: 2018-06-19
Category: Women's Health, Hospital Capacity
I write in response to your Official Information Act request that we received on 22 May 2018. You requested the following information:
1. Record of how many women in labour have been turned away from the maternity ward month-on-month, for the last five years.
2. What is the reason woman in labour are being turned away from the maternity ward?
a. How many are being turned away because there are no beds?
b. How many are being turned away because of lack of staff?
3. Number of complaints the maternity department has received year on year, for the last five years.
4. Number of complaints the maternity department has received for turning woman in labour away year on year, for the last five years.
5. Record of capacity, how many times the maternity ward has been full up to May 2018, year-on-year for the last five years.
6. Policy on the DHBs responsibility if beds are full or there is limited staff.
Our response is attached