Mental Health - staff and resources
Requested by: MediaWorks | Response provided: 2018-07-31
Category: Mental Health
I write in response to your Official Information Act request, dated 27 June 2018. You requested the following information regarding mental health services, staffing and capacity.
Our responses are outlined under each question below.
1. How many staff positions is the DHB funded for acute mental health and a breakdown of - job title, number of positions in each job title, covering all roles from management right down to the most junior position
2. Breakdown of how many of acute mental health staff members and their job description have the following levels of experience in acute mental health...
- 1 - 2 years experience
- 2 - 3 years experience
- 3 - 4 years experience
- 4 - 5 years experience
- 5 - 10 years experience
- 10 - 20 years experience
3. How many of the DHB funded staff positions in acute mental health were vacant on Monday, June 25, 2018 (including positions staff appointed but yet to start) - breakdown of vacant staff positions in terms of job title, number of positions vacant in each job title, covering all roles from management right down to the most junior positions
4. How long has each position being vacant?
5. When was the last time that the DHB was fully staffed for acute mental health as per the funded positions?
6. What is the maximum number of patient capacity of your acute mental health facility?
7. Daily breakdown of how many of those beds were filled from June 18 - 25, 2018 and the overflow?
8. How many times this year has the acute mental health facility being operating above patient capacity?
Our response is attached