Eligibility for Services - Ambulance Costs
Requested by: Radio NZ | Response provided: 2019-04-17
Category: Eligibility for Services, Public Health Services
I write in response to your Official Information Act request, which we received on transfer from the Ministry of Health under Section 14 of the Act, on 20 March 2019. You requested the following information:
With all the information broken down into year groups:
• How many times, over the past five years, did non-residents needed emergency ambulance assistance?
• How much have emergency assistance ambulance trips for non-residents cost over the past five years?
• How much have non-urgent patient transfers of non-residents cost over the past five years?
• What were the top five most expensive ambulance trips for non-residents?
• Which districts had the most expensive ambulance costs for non-residents?
The responses for CM Health to each of your questions are provided below, noting that we also provided related information to you in mid-March, via a media query on other CM Health services volumes / costs incurred in providing health care to people ineligible for publicly funded health care in New Zealand.