Neonatal Care (NC) at Middlemore Hospital provides Intensive Care (Level III) and Special Care (Level II) services and is an integral part of the continuum of services delivered by the Kidz First and Women’s Health Divisions of Counties Manukau Health.
Families, and in particular parents, play an integral role in the care delivered to neonates. Facilities within the Unit reflect this philosophy through the provision of a range of areas including playroom, family lounge, education room, overnight accommodation for parents with critically ill babies and cot-side seating and visiting spaces.
- Visiting is limited to 2.00pm - 8.00pm.
- No more than two people at the cot side will be permitted at any given time.
- Visitors must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver.
- Siblings over 17 years of age may visit with a parent.
- Parents and visitors may be asked to leave the room during ward rounds to give privacy to other babies.
- Parents and visitors must wash their hands and use special hand gel before going into the baby’s room.
Please speak to the person in charge if you wish to make alternative arrangements to the above guidelines.
Cell phones MUST be switched off when coming into the Unit.
DO NOT VISIT if you have a cough, cold, flu, rash or recent diarrhoea.