Visitors & family/whaanau
In general visiting hours are between 2:00pm to 8:00pm. Children are welcome, but need to be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
There are some specialised services in the hospital where visiting hours may vary, for example the Delivery Suite, or Intensive Care Unit. In these cases signs will be in place with the relevant information. If you are not sure, please feel free to contact us at the numbers listed below:
- For Information/Visiting Hours: phone (09) 270 4799
- For Patient Enquiries: phone (09) 276 5004
- For Tiaho Mai (Acute Mental Health Unit): phone (09) 270 4742
- For Renal Outpatients Units, visitors please report to reception on arrival
Partners in Care
We welcome Partners in Care (those who are whaanau/family or friends chosen by our patient) to our wards at all times. Please introduce yourself to our staff. Sometimes there are reasons to restrict numbers by the bedside. Discussions with our clinical staff will clarify these times and our reasons. This can happen in any of our wards, but it is most likely to occur in our specialised areas.
Please ask at reception if you have any queries.
See visiting hours for:
- Auckland Spinal Rehabilitation Unit
- Kidz First Children's Hospital
- Kidz First Neonatal Unit
- Middlemore Hospital Coronary Care Unit and Step Down Unit
- Intensive Care Unit High Dependency Unit
- Tiaho Mai (Adult Mental Health Service)
- Manukau Surgery Centre
- Pukekohe Hospital
- Franklin Memorial Hospital
- Tamaki Oranga Recovery Centre